I still don't know what you mean by "sound like a live band starting off a song". You want some players starting early and other players starting late, not all on the downbeat? Or do you mean drums laying out for 8 bars, piano and bass only on an intro, etc? For that part, geeze, you can delete bars, insert bars, generate extra parts to see if they are better than what was generated on the first pass... I mean, you are the producer here. Produce your music your way. Only you know what you want it to sound like. And you have the best music generating software in the world to do it with.

If you mean all tracks starting accurately on the downbeat, that's kind of why you count a song in, right?

If my players don't come in on the downbeat at rehearsal, I make them start the song over. If they do it on a gig, they are looking for a job afterward.

I actually had a singer once tell me he didn't know what "downbeat" meant. I told him that we needed people at a higher level of music knowledge and told him he was fired. How can you play music and not know what the downbeat is? That's like going to KFC and not knowing what they have on the menu. They have chicken. Even if you look at the other menu board, they still have chicken. How can you grow up, finish school, get a job, have children... and still not know what KFC has on the menu?? My god! I want 3 thighs, a side of mac and cheese, slaw and a biscuit. Get out outta the line!!

//John Pinette rant over (Funniest comedian ever. I miss him.)

Last edited by eddie1261; 03/11/23 04:20 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.