Russell,
Welcome!
If you are into Rock/Country/Pop/Jazz/Folk/Blues and few others, you are in a right place.
I don't believe there anything better out there than BIAB as far as software goes at this point in time for these genres.

Also, consider yourself lucky, as you came at the right time as we did get some power features past couple of years. One of the best items added lately was "Partial Regeneration". I strongly suggest looking into it, as it allows you to manipulate real tracks to better fit your composition, giving you different choices - generations per selection (of particular bars or range).

Ohh yes, do post on User Showcase! In first years I got some excellent suggestions to get my stuff under control! Besides that, I met interesting people, done over a dozen+ collaborations, etc. The unspoken rule of User Showcase is, if you want to be listened - listen and comment on music of other people. As far as critique, just be clear and say what you want to say in the post. Like: Please comment on the mix, etc. With extremely rare exceptions, there are no bullies here. People are respectful and helpful.

P.S. I am on my 6th year with BIAB and I also feel that I only scratched a surface, so welcome to the club smile