First of all....Good work on on this song in such a short time frame. Lyrically and melodically you are on target. I'm not a big Elvis fan but the melody is really close to one of his hits.... maybe someone else can put a title on it. Currently it escapes me but it is a very familiar melody.

So, before I comment further, I listened to your song on 4 different systems. My phone, with and without buds, my wife's computer, my office machine and my studio monitors. I even restarted my phone and reloaded PG Showcase forum initially. I couldn't be sure what I was hearing so I wanted to confirm, to be sure, and double check before proceeding.

Observations:

The vocal could stand to sit a bit higher in the mix so it's on top of the music. Elvis' vocals are always up front. The vocal could be sung with more heart and soul.

So I assume this is for a pitch, and has already "gone out the door" so to speak. "This is 12 hours later and she is shipping it off"

Personal opinion: I know time is of the essence, but even so, you have to have everything finished to the highest standards. I don't think this is quite there. Here's what I mean.

Your vocal track is full of digital pitch correction artifacts. Some are subtle but still obvious, and others are like autotune a-la T-Pain. Was that intentional or something you missed in the mix? I don't know, maybe that's what you were going for, but on a "sounds like Elvis kind of love song" I don't think AT is a good choice.

I'm curious if others also hear the artifacts (or do I just have a really bad internet connection today?) and what their opinions are on this overall mix. Like I said at the start, the song is a good write. It's off to a good start, but it's not finished, and still has a way to go in it's development before it's pitch ready.

And again.... this is simply my personal opinion.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 03/23/23 01:40 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.