Originally Posted By: Joe Stroffolino
I really enjoyed the song and the YouTube video takes it to a whole other level of entertaining (I would go back and listen to it a few more times just to watch the video in addition of the fact that it’s a good song). I also like the combination of actual live played instruments, mixed in with band in the box instruments which makes the song, in my opinion, sound like it was played entirely by live musicians.

Thanks, Joe. It's cool how BiaB works in different genres and has some amazing players actually playing parts. I agree with you, having a couple people in there who actually know the song makes a huge difference. Every single bassist available with the software is a hundred times better than I am, and would do my songs far better than I could if they were hired to play on them. Saving all that studio cost makes BiaB priceless. Your songs sound so good, and I'm happy you joined here.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Marty,

You did a wonderful job on this (as always)>. Very clever title and lyrics! I haven't been around the forum much lately and not been commenting because I have real difficulty typing accurately since my stroke but when I saw this one I had to jump on board and say something! Great vocals and arrangement! It would be a crime not to have Dave playing on one of these bluesy rock songs of yours and glad he was able to help! Marty, I appreciate you more than you know, you are such a valuable member of this forum with the positivity and encouragement you share! Keep up the great work! TB

Thank you, Master Torrey. No matter what I write here would be dull compared to the smile you have put on my face. Your new song is outstanding, and you haven't lost a single beat, brother. That broadens my smile to no end.

Originally Posted By: Elliott Kayne
I really like the style, groove, and overall production Great Job! The lead guitar adds just the right flavor to the moods. NICE !!!

Thanks, Elliott. You may have an idea of how much I respect your opinion.

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Marty,

I don't know if the lyrics were written with 6 pence in mind, but they are very interesting lyrics.
There are some scary scenes in the video, and I can see that it's not just a heartbreak song.
Vocals, harmonies and guitars are great as usual.
The melody is also very pop.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks, Shigeki! Good question, although you didn't really ask. wink It's from an old English nursery rhyme. For some reason it was in my head for a couple days, so I wrote this song to get it out. Here are the first couple verses of the original.
Sing a song of sixpence,
A pocket full of rye.
Four and twenty blackbirds
Baked in a pie.

When the pie was opened,
The birds began to sing.
Wasn't that a dainty (or dandy) dish
To set before the king?

Of course, like Gulliver's Travel, there are many political interpretations.

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Marty and Dave !

What a superb tune
so pro sounding all the way !
One of your best collabs I think !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks, Dani. So glad to hear you're back from Spain.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11