Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Yes, good ideas and info. Thanks

Hi Pete!

great to see your support here- and very recent too!

It would be so cool to see synergy between modern ( ie Genos Generation say - ) Yamaha arrangers and BIAB

I have both clearly - but I really enjoy and am inspired by the immediacy of hardware arrangers such as Genos.

I bought one not at all for one-man-band live performance use ( the default use case of Course ) but as a way of getting inspiring ideas and sounds quickly from just fingering in the chords in left hand and then soloing and noodling OR actually composing a melody in the right hand.

But currently the Genos range AND even latest KORG PA 5 - actually fall short in many ways for composer use - which is where maybe BIAB could come in...

Some of the ways of adding seamless synergy would be:

1 ) introduce a Yamaha Genos family sound set - into BIAB which could then be used in conjunction with. Currently I see no plugin or sound module type app that allows sound sets ( say in sound fonts ) to be created that support fully the LSB+MSB CC data for Genos etc.. Which go even further these days ( in proprietary manner ) than XG, GS or GM2.. ( and sadly BANDSTAND IS NO MORE anyway frown )

2 ) ability to load Yamaha Styles and play them - as maybe an initial starter demo thing for an idea

and then if necessary switch to BIAB styles..

3) Be able to export GENOS/PSR SX CHORD LOOPER banks or bank from a BIAB chord progression ( currently the Genos family is very basic and limited for inputting ( recording LIVE ) chord progressions - because they cant be edited.

Daft.

4) allow import and export and playback of MIDI songs created in Yamaha XF format..

Also - currently none of the arrangers have USB AUDIO outputs for tracks - ie no output DAC over USB - unlike so many workstation arrangers these days -

BIAB could help maybe fill a gap here.

Of course the other thing would be to be able to easily move BIAB songs to Cubase -

But then even Cubase 12 doesnt have perfect of complete synergy ( "composer workstation" wise ) with Genos etc..

Its all a parsons egg.

Last edited by nonchai; 04/06/23 08:55 AM.

Big Sur, Mac Mini i7 2018, 64GB RAM 2TB SSD
Yamaha PSR SX 900, Cubase, Ableton, UNIFY, OPUS ORCHESTRATOR, MASCHINE, Vienna Ensemble Pro ,Audiofuse, L6 HELI, KOMPLETE, Komplete Kontrol 88
Lockdown beard, podgy face, beer belly, bald patch ... yadda yadda