Hi Tobin,

You've asked an interesting question. I know other users use BLANK styles so I hesitate to assume my answer is the same that another user might give. Your question presents some interesting possibilities. Hopefully others will share their response to your question.

Band-in-a-Box is a wonderful tool to use for experimentation and self education. One way I experiment and self teach is to create a chord chart, use comparable instruments while I try styles with different feels and time signatures and then listen at the differences. Sometimes I know in my head what I'm searching for but mentally don't know if a swing 8 or swing 16 works better until I hear it. I don't read music so for me it's not as much about notation as it is how the feel of the song changes. For example musicians might play the same music with 2/4 and 4/4 time signatures differently because the different time signatures naturally give different emphasis to different beats.

Having the capability to change the time signature and feel without having to swap styles would be nice when that's what I'm doing. However I believe the capability would have to at least include 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 and 6/8 time signatures to be a notable difference to having multiple BLANK styles.

Thanks for your interest and asking the question, it made me think!

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home