Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
One of the two day-jobs I had in my life was as a Cable TV field engineer, back in the 1970s when I tried unsuccessfully to quit music. I found out quitting music was a stupid idea for me.

When something broke, we were component jockeys. Amp, filter, equalizer, power supply, whatever. Pull it out, and replace it. Send it back to the factory where they had the sophisticated equipment to not only find out what was broken, but to make tests to try to see if anything else was likely to fail in that component.

And I remember when guitarists used to re-solder the phone plugs on their cables. Now they just buy new ones. Same for mic cables.

Times change.

LOL, I remember when guitarists re-solder cables also. Like today...lol
This is about as complicated as opening a can of beer. Letting the gun heat up takes two minutes, ten seconds to fix it, and ten seconds more to check the resistance value.

I knew where it was broken before I unscrewed it. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt...lol

Sweetwater solution
Fender 0990820086 Deluxe Series Straight to Right Angle Instrument Cable - 15 foot Tweed
15' Instrument Cable with Gold-plated Connectors - Straight-Angled, Tweed
$26.14

No thanks!

Billy

EDIT: This all assumes you know how to solder and where your equipment is, and have some high-quality marine shrink tube...lol

What it should look like when finished.

Last edited by Planobilly; 04/27/23 05:53 AM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo