There is a lot of confusion about BiaB MIDI bass and guitar tracks when dragging and dropping them into a DAW and using other VSTis. Hopefully this will help.

Bass and guitar are written an octave higher than they sound. This is done so each instrument stays within a staff without having a ton of ledger lines. Some VSTis expect the MIDI input to be as written for the instrument, i.e. one octave higher than they sound. Others want the MIDI input not raised an octave. Thus it can get very confusing.

If your bass or guitar MIDI is in the not raised an octave format but your VSTi expects it as raised an octave then the lower notes will not sound and the other notes will be an octave to low. If your bass or guitar MIDI is in the raised octave format and the VSTi expects them in the not raised format all of the notes will be an octave off. Most good MIDI sources use the raised octave format, that is as written for the instrument.

How this effects BiaB depends on what sound source you are using. If you are using the Coyote WT that comes with BiaB then your guitar is in the raised octave format but your bass is not. That means if you are using a VSTi(s) that expects the MIDI input to be in the octave higher format then your guitar is OK but your bass is an octave lower and will not sound correct and must be raised. I believe this is the most common scenario. If you raise the bass in BiaB it will be to high in BiaB but OK in the above scenario. So it depends on what your sound source expects as MIDI input.

I hope this helps.

Here is more information about Bass and guitar notation:

https://www.bassox.com/bass-guitar-range/#:~:text=This%20means%20that%20in%20notation%2C%20the%20bass%20is,written%20out%20as%20an%20E2%20in%20sheet%20music.

https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/t/29368?t=29368

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware