I can't believe this has never occurred to me before. I consider myself a decent lyricist, decent arranger, and fairly strong producer BUT I rarely post songs. I do write them and put them together but really don't post. I have 2 reasons.

1-I can't sing so usually have to find a singer
2-Even at that I can't mix to save my life!

I can hear that things aren't right. I know what parts should stand out where...I just don't know how to make them stand out. I completely understand that eq is needed to make that happen. It's not just a volume thing. I believe it's more my effects tend to muddy everything up.

So where I'm going with this is, that has been a major hurdle for me. My wife had breast cancer over the last 3 years, we have 6 kids, and I work a full time+ job. Thankfully I work for me, so I can work with my schedule a little bit. I just really don't feel I have the time to be trial and error everything to learn mixing.

At different points I thought about asking if anyone here REALLY enjoys mixing that would consider working on that; but just didn't feel right. Especially if I wouldn't like the result. I would feel AWFUL.

Then it hit me. I see people giving hints and suggestions all the time about "maybe cut the mids at..." or "you could tighten up that bass by...".

Is my solution to simple post my less than stellar mixes and get feedback on how to improve? Maybe leaning on the experience is a quicker and less painful way to learn this? Kind of like coaches!

So before I go that route, I just thought I would post this and get some feedback. I appreciate any replies. smile

(done with speech to text so may not be the best)

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.