Bad Boys Boogaloo

I put this together back in January (this year) but didn't post it on Soundcloud until early March.

Boogaloo was a very short-lived genre - pretty much the 1960s only - but it was extremely popular for most of that run. There's quite a bit more history about the genre over on the Soundcloud link above, if you're interested.

A few notes about the song:

1. The baritone sax gets a little repetitive about two-thirds the way through. But, I could find no other horn(s) or guitar that worked for the genre. They all sounded mechanical, and the rhythm just didn't work.

2. The baritone sax isn't quite as loud as the lead instruments are in most genres. That was typical for boogaloo as it was percussion-driven.

3. Also, I kept the drum count-in as that was also common for the genre. Rather than a melodic lead-in, perussions and bass usually into'd the song - even when there was a vocal, which wasn't very often.

The Band & Other Info:

File:Bad Boy's Boogaloo.SGU

Key=E , Tempo 130, Length (m:s)=3:11

Style is _WOOHOO.STY (Woohoo Slow Latin Boogaloo)

RealTracks in style: ~921:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110
RealTracks in style: ~1653:Organ, RhythmNoBass Bossa Ev 140
RealTracks in style: ~923:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BossaFreeComp Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 2355:Sax, Baritone, Background StraightBluesGary Ev 120
RealDrums in Song: CongasEv8[single]
RealDrums in style:LatinBoogalooSlow^1-a:ClosedHat,Sidestick , b:ClosedHat,Snare

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops