Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Originally Posted By: rharv
My upgrade price is apparently $199; more than I wanted to spend on surprise notice (just paid a garage door guy a couple hundred tonight ..), and as usual the NI site is not really clear on what I would get for that. If I knew I got the new Kontakt Library (and *something else) I'd likely be thinking about it at work tomorrow.

I had mentioned it was a tough decision. But the Kontakt web page does provide much of the info needed. You need to log in. They will know who you are and what you already have. They will tell you exactly what packages you will get for the $199. You just have to push buttons. They will throw in way more than any one person will need or want. Keep in mind you don't have to download everything. The programs will be there for you at anytime in the future. If you see more than 3 or 4 gems you may decide the price is a bargin.

Good luck.
Dan

They do a poor job of showing what you'll get that is new vs. what you already have (probably intentionally!) So, what I did was go here, https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-14-standard/compare/ and look down the text list of included items under Standard (I had KOMPLETE 13 Standard). I loaded Native Access and installed everything I own then made myself a text file of all the items listed on the webpage that I did not already have in Native Access. Then, I could quickly see that I was going to get 30+ new items including KONTAKT 7 and 3 Session instruments I've been wanting. My upgrade price was only $99.50+tax so it ended up being a no-brainer for me (very fortunate since lately I'm kind of a no-brain sort of fella!)