I still like playing live in a situation where I know the players and the music we are playing. It is becoming more difficult by the month due to old age and health issues.

Going to a studio to record something with people you like is still a lot of fun.

I am certainly not going to move anything heavy. There are plenty of young guys to move all those heavy guitar amps around. Many of us have stopped playing through the likes of Fender Twins unless they were provided by a backline company or were in the studio.

I decided a very long time ago that I wanted to make money a lot more than I wanted to play music. I also knew I was not willing to put in the time and effort to be a competent musician. Making a good living gave me to resources to indulge in the music world.

I have sold a few musical creations I, along with some really good musicians, created. But, none of that was ever a material amount of money.

It is a good thing that some here have been able to make some money and get some recognition for their efforts. I like listening to Matt and to Bud and Janice. I hope they make a zillion dollars.

I can not imagine trying to live on what someone just out of a major music school is generally paid in today's world.

There was a time in the United States when the average person could survive on what they made playing in a club. That is almost impossible to do now.

A skilled musician playing in a symphony earns somewhere in the range of 30K to 80k. That is not a very well-paying job at a time when cheap new houses cost 300K.

To get back to the thread, my surprise is just with the volume of music being produced. The numbers are huge.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo