Originally Posted By: dcuny
Yep, that sounds like authentic blues to me! Nice playing, Billy B.!

I agree with Nigel that the vocal could use a bit of EQ to bring it up front. I ended up turning up the volume.

This song seem to go on forever
I don't know this guitar player thinks I'm gonna do...
Enough of this!

Ha! I enjoyed the listen. laugh

Thank you, Mr. David, for all the ideas and hours of feedback you have given me. I know for sure you put a ton of time and effort into the songs you create. Your mixes are very well done. Any song I create that had a good mix was mixed by someone else...lol. I will do better if I live long enough...lol

I tried to make it "authentic blues" as best as I could remember the times and places. The people and the sound of their voices. What things look and smell like. What the food tasted like, and what the colloquialisms were. What the vernacular of the "Jim Crow segregated South" was. The incredible level of acceptance and friendship those people showed me.

It was illegal for me to go into those back juke joints in the early years. At some level, they put their lives at risk by letting me be there.

I think songs like this should be sung by old people like me before they die. Perhaps they provide a tiny window into a past that we should all remember and try not to repeat in the future.

Yes, I know, I talk too much...lol.

Billy AKA Planobilly AKA Billy B AKA Blind Lemmon Simmons

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo