When I came here first back in 2009 after purchasing Biab from finding with a google search, I new nothing about making music or DAWs. I used to fix amps for musos and they had issues with their bands breaking up with bass players running off with drummers wives and all the other dramas that go on with bands and they asked me to look for a way to make their own music, and then building websites that I knew nothing about not to mention scripting or ripping karaoke CD's and laser disc to mp3+g.
I had to learn all this stuff I had not been at it for 20 years like some users here.
I have stayed here because the end result of the software is great but so much frustration getting. It's been a really long haul all those years.
Would a total crossplatform re-write way back when I suggested been better ? YES.
I think we need to look to the BBPlugin to take it into the future being crossplatform. I saw that in a vision and the BBPlugin Standalone becoming the new Biab, easy learning, frustration free design with no 90's limitations of the old Biab.