Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Well Mr Lurker, mark August 11th, 2023 on your calendar as the day you posted your first song here! You finally pulled the trigger. That’s a big first step. Welcome to the forum! My apologies for not responding sooner. I like to be REALLY on top of these things.

That being said, I think you’re going to find a lot of opportunity to grow and find new things to try. We are all here for the same things; write songs, help others do the same, and BS a little.

Hey, you're only off by a number or 2

Quote:

Now about this song of yours. I have to say it’s really a good song all the way around. I’m guessing this ain’t your first rodeo? There’s a lot of talent already there and I’m sure it will be fun to watch/hear where things go going forward.

Lyrics, arrangement, melodic choices, even that voice all seem right on point! Mixing is very nice too! You’ve got a lot going for ya. It’s not said often here, but that’s a radio ready sure hit.

For your lips to...

Quote:

Now my advice is to not be a stranger. I want to encourage you to keep writing and be open to new ideas. It can be easy to just keep doing things the same way, get bored, or frustrated and stop. Some people even walk away to do something like play golf or whatever. Like that would be less frustrating! I’m not sure if you’ve ever played? I’m guessing by the song you probably have never played. But who knows, I guess. You might totally surprise me and say you golf, or paint, or whatever. You never know with some people. Don’t laugh too quickly. They are out there.

I'm writing this all down

Quote:

Lastly, I would recommend steering clear of this new country you hear. There’s nothin’ there for you. Believe me when I say this, if it ain’t a cliche’ wanna be of the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s country it ain’t real country. Stick with tried and true. They way things were is how it oughta stay. If it’s already been done, there’s a reason it was. The more times it’s been done, the better the idea. If it hasn’t been done, obviously there’s a reason for that. It’s a bad idea. Change is the enemy. The one thing you have in your favor is at least technology is at a stand still and will be for a long time. Possibly forever. We’ve finally arrived, as they say.

Dang! I already listened to Every major (and many minor) release for the last 2 years!!!

Quote:

Anyway, I’ll stop rambling on. I usually don’t type this much as I don’t have much to say. So to summarize…
Good song
Welcome to the forum
Be open to new ideas
Stick to what’s already been done

Keep all of this in mind and you might find yourself here years from now having written a good number of songs. You’d be surprised how fast a decade or more can fly by taking that first step out on a limb. Did you see what I did there? I’ve found people like it best when you say something that’s not that clever, but point it out as if it were clever. They also like when you explain it to them.

Sometimes I wish we could get a glimpse of the future today to see how things turn out for a young buck like you. But, there’s no way around just having to wait.

This one truly goes to 11. smile

Stirring the pot, once again, eh?
THANK YOU!