Originally Posted by Mike Halloran
Originally Posted by Gordon Scott
[quote=AudioTrack]

I'd rather have expected bodhran in 12/8 or similar, rather than 3/4, but maybe that's just my presumption.

The OP is probably looking for a Slip Jig (9/8) instead of a Jig (6/8) or Double Jig (12/8). A Reel is 4/4 straight time. I can't think of any 3/4 reels of the top of my head—not saying they don't exist but finding a bodhran pattern would be hard. The Hornpipe is a cross between the reel and double jig where it's 4/4 but slower with a swing feel.

I made my living touring the world playing Celtic folk music from 1988–'91 when it became a side hustle. After I lost the use of my left arm in 2009, I switched to the bodhran as it became one of the very few instruments that I can play one-handed. As one can imagine, when I need a bodhran track, I pick up me drum, don't cha know.
Those are the kinds of rhythms that were in my mind, but I was, as you, presuming a Celtic feel and we could be totally wrong.

One's a bit limited with an arm out of action, which must be incredibly frustrating. So many instruments expect two/need hands. The zither family might offer possibilities, I suppose. Nicely portable.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.