Many of us have begun using Synth-V Vocal Synthesizer in productions. I outlined below my workflow for anyone using Synth-V. I hope you find this helpful. NOTE: This is not the only way to use Synth-V but its the way I found to be most effective.

1 - Most of my songs begin on my old nylon guitar or piano, just kicking around chords, or a title theme.
2 - I then use BIAB to flesh out the style, arrangement, and create backing tracks.
3 - I export the BIAB backing with minimal instruments (usually just Bass, Keys, Rhythm Guitar, Drums) flat, center as a WAV files.
4 - I import that WAV file into Synth-V Studio Pro
5 - I play midi notes for the melody in Synth-V Studio Pro ... I select a vocalist ... and then type in the lyrics.
6 - ** NOTE: I usually use different vocal tracks for the VERSES and the CHORUS and MIDDLE 8 ... I found this to work best so you can give each part its own parameters. Verses might be soft and airy, Chorus might be Powerful and Strong.
7 - ** NOTE: The reason I dont use Synth-V as a DAW plug-in is because of redraw speeds. As a stand alone app redraw is very fast.
8 - This is most important: I see if the Vocalist works in the KEY for this song. Some vocalists work best in certain Keys, or Range. Some get "squeaky" in their higher register in certain keys. Especially if you have wide interval jumps. So finding the BEST KEY for the vocalist is essential.
9 - I change keys in BIAB and re-export WAV files until I find the KEY most comfortable for the vocalist in SynthV
10 - I transpose the midi notes in SYNTHV to match the new keys.
11 - I then finish inputting the lyrics, and fine tune the parameters and word timing to get a human feel, and best performance from the vocalists ... this takes time, be well worth the effort.
12 - I create a new vocalist track and copy the lyrics, then create harmonies, and other fine tuning until I am happy with the results.
13 - I export the vocal tracks as a wav (24bit) flat, centered, mono
=================================
14 - I open my DAW (I use Cubase or Reason) and import the BIAB tracks, and vocalist tracks.
15 - I mix, add effects, eq, etc and if needed I play additional instruments either live, or from BIAB or live or midi.
16 - THE SONG IS BORN

I know this sounds like a lot of work, and it is ... however, I found this method speeds up production, and creates good records.

Let me know if you do anything different, or have any questions.

Last edited by Elliott Kayne; 10/19/23 06:51 PM.

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun