Title: Not Drinking Neither

Link: Not Drinking Neither

The title and chorus of this song is basically a good ol' German saying that I've always liked because it's short, to the point, and mostly wrong.
This is my first drinking song (ever), so I hope you pros (cheers) are good for some constructive feedback.

I'm pretty sure "Not drinking neither" is not the best possible English (I guess "neither is not drinking" would be correct),
but it has a nice flow, gets the message across well, and although it's not 100% correct, it's a great and unique song title.

Anyway, the song is about someone who drinks away her sorrows and rationalizes that. Or something like that...

Feedback (the good, the bad and the ugly) as always highly appreciated.

Some background information that no one asked for:
  • Prosody for spoken words is MUCH harder than singing, especially if the girls were never meant to do it.
    It's (minus an accent, which we all have) kind of acceptable, even if I'm not 100% happy with it.
    But I wanted the contrast between spoken words and the catchy chorus.
    Edit:
    heard a song by Olivia Rodrigo the other day where she speaks. No more worries from my side smile
  • I've never used so few guitars (or instruments in general), but it works and makes mixing a breeze.

As always, a BIG "THANK YOU" to Marty for linguistic and drinkuistic advice.

Some technical information:
Style: TINES.STY

The band:
Bass: 4363
Drums: PraiseWorshipUptempo16
Guitars: 4387, 4388, 3931

Vocals: Solaria + BG vocals Natalie and Weina

You can find the lyrics in the next post.

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube