Hi Nigel et al,
As Andrew pointed out earlier in the thread, we generally try to equally distribute new RealTracks and other content between the three broad categories, Jazz, Country, and Pop/Rock. That's not to say there aren't other genres, but we generally group them in that. For example, bluegrass would be under the "country" umbrella, smooth jazz would be under the "jazz" umbrella, etc.

With that in mind, I was curious about how the "90%" figure was arrived at, so I did an overview of our whole collection of RealTracks. It's difficult to be precise, because there's so much crossover between different genres, but I think I got a pretty good overview. And, with "country" and "pop/rock", there are a LOT of RealTracks that really could be considered either of those, particularly rhythm/chording guitars. As such, I first determined that about 10% of the RealTracks fall into this category. And so the list below has a 10% spread for the "country" and "pop-rock" categories. So here is what I discovered when I then went through them all:

Blues: 7%
Pop/Rock: 20-30%
Folk/Americana/Bluegrass: 11%
Funk: 2%
Jazz/Latin: 24%
Metal/Hard-Rock: 1%
ModernPop/Electronic: 3%
World: 5%

So, in general this looks like a pretty well-balanced list of genres. That being said, there are certainly genres that could be better represented. There have been several posts requesting more modern "radio" pop styles, and those comments are certainly valid. And Matt made an excellent point above, that we often view these things through a filter of our own favourite kinds of music. We always pay close attention to this styles and RealTracks wishlist forum, and while we can't always fulfill everyone's request, we always make an effort to fulfill as many as we can. Certainly with this recent release a LOT of the new material we released came directly from requests from these forums.

Tobin Frank (he/him)
PG Music Inc.