The video is good, Steve Jobs was a brilliant innovator, and too many features can be counter-productive; but many other things can also contribute to counter-productiveness.

Simple-to-use/user-friendly/snappy programs and feature-packed programs need not be mutually exclusive. One can have/needs both at the same time.

Case Example: Studio One.
Studio One is an extreamely feature packed program. Two major revisions ago it could do everything I wanted a DAW to do; yet more and more capability continues to be added always staying 3 steps ahead of my needs. This may not say much as I'm not a pro power user, but there are hundreds if not thousands of happy S1 pro power users out there. AND, from my experience the thing is laid-out logically, is easy to navigate and easy to use despite new features continually added.

Observe how simple (yet capable) the Options menu is designed . . . what you need, when you need it.

In my view, it all starts with focused brain-storming sessions on the conference room white board. Then when the team feels they finally have it, the boss walks in and says "make it simpler".

Albert Einstein said (per my recollection) "Make it as simple as possible but not simpler."

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Screenshot 40.jpg (26.26 KB, 76 downloads)

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.