Originally Posted by JoanneCooper
Yes but the OP asked if anybody had tried ChatGPT to generate lyrics and was immediately shut down by the copyright police. The OP wasn't discussing ai generated songs but rather ai generated lyrics. Ai is just a tool. Same as BIAB is a tool. Use it, don’t use it but don’t shoot down those who do.

I find it a bit odd that people who use machines to assist with the generation of music are so against using machines to help generate lyrics.
First of all, thanks for making a free version of your lyrics program. smile

I spent some time playing around with it. The results were technically impressive. But I found that it wasn't really helpful for me to spark ideas. YMMV.

As for BiaB vs. AI, the issue is the ethics of how the source material was obtained.

All the material used in creating BiaB materials was done with full consent of the people who supplied the music, who knew what it was going to be used for, and they were compensated for it.

That's not the case with programs like ChatGPT, where the AI was trained on material that in many cases was used not only without consent, but was used obtained illegally and without license. As a result, people are suing for illegally using their works.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?