Isn't it sad the good guys who pass away never get to read what we say about them? Russell was a really nice guy, as was Ian Frazier. And to not know Russell passed for almost a year sounds crazy, but who in his succession would know to come on here and let us know?

That is one of my biggest concerns is that because I am such a big loner that nobody would think to even look for me or try to call me if I suddenly just vanish from the internet. I have had several folks check in with me here from time to time when my activity slows down and that was quite gratifying to know that someone A) noticed and B) inquired.

For anybody in a similar situation, there are some web pages that will send a text to people you designate if you don't check in on the services web page by the time you designate. I use one called Snug and if I don't check in by 9, 2 texts go out, and those 2 people know to email first, text me second, and FB message me third, and if they don't hear back to then call me. And if I don't answer, THEN send the Cavalry. And oddly, my biggest concern is that there would be nobody tending to my dog if I am laying here dead for days.

I can just see the comments here when I'm gone.

"FINALLY!! No more of his sarcastic, arrogant nonsense!!!"

I also now have something called a NOK-box (NOK being next Of Kin). It's a pile of papers that cover everything you can think of that you need to tell your estate about. I will probably use not even half of them because of how detailed it is. You fill them out and put them in labeled folders and them into a filing system with the NOK Box sticker on it. Will, house deed, car/boat/bike titles, designation of who gets what property... really great idea actually. To that end I have also started selling off some of my gear so I can decide who gets it and what the price should be rather than my estate. Much more to move along into hands that will use it.

Last edited by eddie1261; 03/16/24 06:48 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.