I decided a few weeks ago to start selling my stuff. It came down to me deciding that I wanted to be the one who decides what to charge for each item and who gets it rather than leaving those decisions to my estate who would likely get it wrong.

This weekend was particularly tough. I ended up selling BOTH of my old Ensoniq keyboards to two different people. I had the ESQ-1 since 1988 and the EPS16 sampler since 1990. Those boards have probably played 2500 gigs over the years I owned them. Remember I quit playing full time in 1994, but those 3 years in the Motown band we played 350 shows a year, with the 3 days of doubleheaders we played every week for 7 months of the year making up a lot of them. The ESQ-1 in particular was tough. I opened the bag up one last time and played chords as I said

"G this is rough. B good to this guy. You never gave me even A MINOR problem, and he will make you A MAJOR part of his rig. C you around old friend. "

And the proceeds are going to my mortgage so when I die and my buddy buys it for mortgage balance (as my will states) it will work out for him.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.