Originally Posted by BMac
I was importing a wav file and RB locked up. Any attempt to close RB resulted in an annoying windows donging noise. After multiple "End Task" and re-start RB, I decided to uninstall RB and re-install. That failed. Then I re-installed BIAB along with RB. That was successful and allowed a WAV file to be imported successfully.

After getting RB back up and WAV imported, ran *Analyze* to get chords from the audio file. Next ran *Analyze* in BIAB on the same WAV file. The differences in BIAB vs RB are significant.

Original Key = Bm
2 bars Bm7 A/B and 2 bars Em7 D/E

Comparison of BIAB AND REALBAND
Results of RB: B D/F# F#m Bm7
NO REPEATS
Results of BIAB: B F#m F#m B7

Neither results are what is expected and are not close enough to use as Lead Sheets!

My question is this. Are either BIAB or RB analysis reliable as to the accuracy of CHORDS displayed in ACW? How does one use this feature in either program with any degree of confidence?
Regardless which version of the ACW used, BIAB or RB, both require accurate setting of Bar 1 by the user. Bar 1 is not necessarily the beginning of the song. If you did not take this step, the silence at the beginning of the audio is factored into the analysis and the ACW is also not properly calibrated to align with the song's bars. Without setting Bar 1, the ACW analysis can't achieve an accurate analysis of tempo or chord progression.

I've posted two screen shots of an audio file to be analyzed in BIAB with Bar 1 set wrong and the other set correctly and also with lead-in notes prior to Bar 1.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Bar 1 Set wrong in the BIAB ACW.jpg (208.05 KB, 36 downloads)
Bar 1 Set correctly in the BIAB ACW.jpg (207.87 KB, 36 downloads)

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.