It's taken me a while and I've probably made a pest of myself here, but I finally got done with my first creation. It's all real tracks, except for one vsti for strings, using GPO. It's not miraculous by any means. It was really just an exercise while learning the ins and outs of biab, RB and real tracks, as well as drag and drop. I stumbled upon a style I liked and wrote up a chord chart and there you have it. I weaved a number of different instruments in to see how everything would work, which turned out nicely. I think it's a good example of how good RT's are. I look forward to putting all this amazing power to good use for serious song writing and recording. In the mean time, this track is fun for me to throw on in the car and groove while I drive. My sweetheart always wanted me to record something as cool as the jazz on the weather channel, so she was pleased as well! LOLOL! I don't play a note on this by my own hands except to program the string part, but she got her wish courtesy of the RT players following my chart. And I learned a whole bunch in the process. Frankly, the only thing I may do further is bring up the strings a bit, but it is a nice pad under there regardless.

For those readers questioning the sound of real tracks before a purchase, like I did, hopefully this serves as a better demo than the ones on the web site. And for the record, this was all mixed down in Reaper, although RB was indispensable for putting the whole thing together.

http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/listenrm.php?Download=56698

Dan