PG users who are rock guitarists…need your help.

background.

i like to go through all the many pg guitar rt sounds and see what i can do with them and experiment in creating rock songs.
I have no problems with the clean rt's. but for example i find many rock rt's too 'fizzy' for my taste.
(and yes in my crazy days I once sang in all sorts of bands...but we didnt like guitar tones that were over the top fizzy…lol.)

in summary i'm often having trouble finding those rt's that are not too clean but also not too fizzy re sound picture/tone…UNTIL one day i came across one of Mike Durham's great rt's.
(I love his rock tone. obviously a session pro.)
i was so excited at finding this gem soundwise i built a song around it called 'The Stallion' that can be heard via the link at the bottom.

so to my question…i can't afford kemper profiler or helix or other very high end devices or whatever high end modeller amp/device.
(we are your typical over taxed middle classes…lol.)
Is there an inexpensive way to get brilliant mikes tone ? ?
cos it's absolutely great…the type of tone ive always loved… as it's not too fizzy but also not too clean either. I call it the 'oh mamma ' tone. Maybe others will disagree but I love it.
i have some metal and boss pedals here etc but they dont do it for me like MD's great tone.

Any ideas ?? Maybe I just fluked out finding this hidden MD rt gem….?...believe me i wouldnt be asking if i hadnt made many attempts at getting mikes great tone and failed every time.

Here's the link to hear MD's tone. …this is the type of rock tone i love ... .it's got DEPTH !
(use good earbuds cos i worked hard on the mix though i'm no pro AE …lol… and it's the best way to hear his tone dont use junky pc speakers…pretty please…the song was a true labour of love.)

https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/stallioncalfsongsnov2023v-1rbmp3

Thanks for any help..I love the body of his guitar tone in the above.
(ive only ever been able to get that tone in commercial studios with session pro's.)
If I can find an inexpensive solution…i want to experiment with seeing what i can do with the pg usertracks feature.
(ps i know my guitar skill limitations...i'll never be the guitar pro MD is obviously…i'm more a singer that's sung in all sorts of bands/genres.)

happiness to all.

om.. who wants to still rock out when i'm 95...lmao.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/15/24 06:57 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)