I cant picture a beatles or stones song played to a click track, it wouldnt be the same. human beings
slow down and speed up as a natural tendency, when it doesnt it's not human any more.

I suggest you read some articles.

SXSW: Little Steven(big time rock veteran) says music stinks and here's why
AUSTIN, Texas --Nevermind the digital revolution, the Internet, even the economic holocaust. Steven Van Zandt addressed another major problem he sees in the music industry, the music itself.

"No one's talking aboutg that," he told a roomful of music industry professionals Friday morning at the SXSW music conference. "Why? Because it sucks. It blows. Sure nobody's buying records. No shit. They suck. Over the past 30 years I've been witness to a crisis of craft."

Van Zandt, who runs two labels (Wicked Cool and Lost Cathedral) and plays guitar in the E Street Band, listed an array of trends and changes that he said changed the direction of rock and the records being produced:

The era of 1951-1971 was the Renaissance of rock music, he said. "When we started, rock was dance music. Then we started 'listening' to music and it has been going down hill ever since. We had a mandate. You make people dance or you got fired. It requires a different energy to get people out of their chairs and dance. ... Eventually people got too stoned to dance."

Another "dangerous trend": "Bands are starting to skip the bar-band stage, the club stage, where you get the chance to play other people's songs, analyze them, understand them. ... You learn greatness from greatness. The Beatles were a club band for five years and they played covers for five more years."

He dubbed the trend of bands writing and playing only their own material the "auteur theory: "You must be a writer or you're irrelevant." A record has four components, he said: composition, arrangement, performance and sound. "It took an army of talented people to make good records. Now you do it all yourself? No wonder everything sucks.

Labels abandoned development,' he said, and DIY was born, which works well with the auteur theory. And no one is there to advise them or tell them they suck.

Here is one on pro tools dooming music.

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/feature/how-pro-tools-is-destroying-music