Quote:

In 1983 it cost $10K to get 1000 LPs on the street. If you put as much effort into your album using RB as you would with a bunch of musicians you'll get just as good a product

I agree. I'm gonna' get a lot philosophical here. Thus, I disagree.

I think there should be a distinction between "music" and "sound". While I believe that BIAB (as with other computer software products), will improve your "sound", I don't think it will necessarily make better "music" than acoustic, human-played music. I'm not sure "digital" was even an available option to the musical masses in 1983 -- whether you were buying it to listen to or if you were trying to produce something of your own. It's just my personal opinion, but I think the best "music" came from the 30's through the 70's and if you're speaking of rock and roll, my personal choice would be the 60's and 70's. The best "sound" however, is available now -- It's available to anyone who has the money to invest in the correct combination of hardware and software -- If "sound" is all you're after.

To me, "... just as good a product ..." where RB or BIAB is concerned might be true IF we're speaking only of "sound" quality. BIAB is a great product. Alone it won't make you a musician. It can help you decide for yourself what might "sound" better, but I don't believe it will ever replace human ingenuity and creativity that produces what is most pleasing to the ear -- "music", not just "sound".

Ike