Hello,

Quote:

I have the 'allow half time/double' box checked but only half time is working.

It sounds like you have an old build of the program installed, since newer builds don't have that checkbox. Install the latest build, then follow Peter's instructions, and it should work for you.

Quote:

This isn't working for me either. I'm just now exploring the half and double time feature myself, and I'm having the same results as mellowstu. If my song is at 65 BPM, and I choose a snarly, wild electric guitar solo that's at 120, it doesn't seem to matter whether I put a checkmark next to "Double Time?" when choosing the Soloist, or choose "Double Time" in the 'Assign Real Tracks' dialog - I still get a garbled, artifact-ridden guitar solo.

As Noel said, the problem is most likely that you are generating your solo using the Soloist dialog. Instead, use the Assign RealTracks dialog. For example, try this.

1. Set your song to 55 bpm
2. Right-click on the bass track and click on Add/Remove RealTracks.
3. Select Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Sw 110.
4. Set the Timebase to 'double time'.
5. Close the RealTracks picker and press Play.

In this particular example, note that if you *don't* set it to double-time, Band-in-a-Box will automatically substitute the 110bpm bass with 'Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Ballad Sw 060', then slow this one down by 5bpm. You can enable/disable this particular feature in the RealTracks Preferences dialog (Allow auto-RealTracks subsitution...)

Andrew
PG Music Inc.