I see. Well if that's so, then in the Select Soloist dialog (via the 'S' button) the placement of that "Double Time?" checkbox - so close to the RealTracks button - is really kind of deceiving, isn't it. At the same time though, it seems like, if you can double or half-time RTs from elsewhere in BIAB (using 'Assign RealTracks'), it should be a simple matter of cloning that function over to the Select Soloist dialog. Maybe it's more complicated than that, I'm not a programmer... But gee, they've already got the RealTracks button in there - they're so close...

The other thing is, I discovered that soloists are among the choices in the 'Assign RealTracks' list. (you see, I thought that *that* route was exclusively for rhythm parts, whereas 'Select Soloist' was exclusively for solos - that was my little mistake.)

So, assuming all possible soloists are also available via the 'Assign RealTracks' dialog, I'm okay with that.

And thanks for the tip about bar settings and soloists. I've been noodling around with bar settings for the first time, and it's amazing the kind of life you can breathe into your songs, just by muting a couple of instruments here and there, and then bringing them back in. Makes my stuff sound... almost legit!

Bobby K.