Heres a perspective,

I have been playing guitar for 17 years and never once had any interest in writing my own material. Not to say some day I won't want to write something original, but to this point I have had no interest in this. I love covering covers. In a jazz situation there is immense flexiblity on how the guitar player covers the cover. Jazz allows flexibilty in terms of voicings and rhythms that will still do complete justice to the cover while at the same time satisfying that creative itch.

So while I fully understand the forums policy on cover tunes, I believe it is a loss to us all to miss the offerings of those who are not so interested in original material.

And one last point, when you attend that concert by your favorite band/performer, how excited are you to hear that they will only be performing NEW material. Lets face it, we all like to hear what we know.

One mans opinion.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper