Speaking of Shack...

Scott and all,

I've had a Casio WK3500 for a number of years here, maybe 6, not sure. The 3500 is the 76 key version. It has given me sterling service. They may not be robust enough for year round gigging, as the keys issue above illustrates, but I think they sound pretty impressive for something you can hold under one arm and which has only 6 watts a side. Mines been extrememly useful for my occaisional home recording forays and a multitude of other uses.

For use with BIAB it has been a godsend to be able to manually turn off various MIDI channels at the keyboard, using the little rubber MIDI cannel buttons, in order to isolate particular instrumental channels and learn a part exactly. (I'm ashamed to say I still can't work out how to do that from within BIAB!)

The current Casio equivalent model in the shops does heaps more than my '2004 and costs $5-600 less than the $1100 I paid then for it. 2 big thumbs up from me for them. I concur with the poster above about getting the versions with most keys. If you are any kind of keys player you will find the 61 key layout compromising, but almost as importantly, the physically larger 76 key version has more enclosure space within the case for better mid and bass sound. Best wishes with your purchase. Cheers, John.