Very interesting. And I like your term "grouchy". Geez. And how!!

I saw the little blurb on the update page which states that build 304 is basically the same as 303 except for a lyrics improvement or something, so I'm not sure if it'll do me any good to install it. I came close to doing it, but then I thought, hmmm, if it doesn't work and I have to do a full uninstall, maybe it will only be seeking out build 304 registry entries to undo, etc., and it'll fail to undo whatever evil 303 reg. entries that might've been written in there when 303 was going on its error-induced rampage. Wouldn't want to have any of those remnants lurking in my system...

So, I'm going to wait until I get Official Guidance from PGMusic, either here or via a Help Request Form.

Thanks for detailing your build 303 access violation / save / shutdown problem - glad to know it's not just me.

(btw, I do remember freezing the newly-created Melodist track, despite BIAB's benign popup that said it was unnecessary to do so, since the Melodist doesn't regenerate automatically like the accompaniment does. Also, when I went to save, I can't remember if I had a choice to save as an MGU or an SGU. I've never done a song with a BIAB-generated midi melody, so maybe - by force of habit - I had it save as an SGU rather than an MGU? Can't remember now, and I don't feel like messing with the program until tomorrow, but, could a little mistake like that lead to all this access violation madness? Just thinking out loud here...)

Bobby K.