Michee,

somehow I missed the first version, but this version sounds very good to me. I especially like the ending... it was perfect. Did you have to generate the pedal steel multiple times to get that closing riff? (reading back through the other posts I see that you used the first take... that is a good testimony to the intelligence of the real tracks and their ability to put appropriate riffs in the right places)

As I listened, my ears wanted to hear more vocal harmony. And I agree with your comments about artifacts and vocal processors... but why not just record a natural harmony? It's one of your strengths, my friend! Not all of us are good vocalists, and we HAVE to rely on vocal processing... but I don't think that's the case with you.

Reading through the comments I see that you started in one key, then changed it. Congratulations on that. I think many of us are trying to embellish the music with vocals instead of letting the music support the vocals in a key that is right for the singer. The music accompanies YOU, not the other way around. This song is a good example of getting the idea down, then finding the right key and adapting the backing track to enhance the melody. Good job!