Hey Noel! WOW...man, you really got into this! I love it when people analyze my stuff like this. It's fun to hear what people would do with it. I can't begin to tell you how fun it was to do this song. I got the idea early this morning that I was going to write and record something before the day was over. I knew I wanted to use that BIAB Country Swing style and I knew I wanted it to be as close to an authentic sounding "Hank" song as possible. So when I wrote the lyrics I was sure to put the words with "n" consonents in all the right places most notably on long notes. Really makes you consider your lyrics!

To hear how much you like what we did is very encouraging. Now I will do a full album of "Hank" songs. Actually, I've been wondering how much better it could have been if I'd really put a few days into it. I probably wouldn't change much if I rewrote it, except to make it longer and create a more traditional ending. The "number mismatch" you referred to was intentional. I'm from the part of the country (Louisiana) where Hank and Elvis used to tour and play. I saw both of them in the early fifties as a kid when my parents took me to the Louisiana Hayride in Shreveport. It's not a criticism, but an accurate observation that people there actually talk that way...not exactly perfect English. So I figured some artistic (cloquial) license was in order. Haha....hope my mom doesn't read this! The "the"s before "wine and liquor" actually make the word "wine" sing better....at least for me. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading your comments, and took no offense and any of your ideas. We do this all the time in the studio when we're noodling around with a new song. It's just part of the creative process. I'm considering converting the separate tracks of this song to MP3's and making them available from our studio website so some of our buddies here can download them and play with recording their own vocals and/or remixing the song. What do you think?

Thanks for listening and your gracious comments,
Bob