Hey Dan...thanks, I'm glad you liked the song. I typed TC Helicon, actually it's a TC Electronic 6 Firewire Audio Interface...I can't keep up with the TC designations. HaHa. If there's some edginess in the vocal it's probably the Dbx mic pre which has a compression feature which was on for vocal tracking. I usually don't add ANYTHING to a vocal when tracking. Still this was an experiment as much as anything. Also I pumped the highs a bit in mastering so that could be part of what you're hearing. To me the vocal is too much out front. But I broke my own rule and mixed and mastered the same day as tracking. Not ever a good thing to do. But actually it was just a fun challenge to write the song in the morning and be listening to a mix in the evening. I've never done THAT before. I'm not done playing with it, however. I'm adding more lyrics, a short instrumental break, a new vocal track, and a better ending to get it up to about 3-3 1/2 minutes. It's hard to sing a song convincingly or effectively that you just learned. I literally created the melody on the fly while I was tracking the vocal

I hear what you're saying on all the EQ stuff etc. Why don't you just download the track files (see above) and SHOW me what you're talking about. I think it would be fun, and I'd love to hear what you do with it. Also, re-sing it if you want. We talked about this kind of thing a while back. Knock yourself out if you're up for it.

Leaving the tech talk for a minute, I'm REALLY impressed with what I was able to create with BIAB and no other instruments or fancy equipment. I have a hundred grand in instruments and audio gear sitting here and I'm recording stuff that sounds as good as anything I've done...ON A LAPTOP! Man...I guess that's what it's come down to. I really believe that a reasonably talented singer/songwriter with a bit of computer skill could do a whole album and get it out there with this software. Amazing. I don't think anyone who hasn't done recording the old fashioned way, like you and I have, can really appreciate the implications and capabilites we have now.

BTW...have you been gone or something? Haven't seen you around here for a bit.

Later,
Bob