Dan and Frankie...

While I normally welcome recommendations and comments, you guys are missing the point completely. This song was meant as a recreation of classic country musical compositions of the day back in the early '50s. And it meets that goal quite well. Apparently PGM spent a lot of time analyzing the sound of "classic country" tunes when creating the style used for this song. Particularly, notice the use of NON-PEDAL steel guitar as opposed to pedal steel used in much later country styles. Before I wrote this song I went back and listened to over 40 of Hank's songs and analyzed the song structure and the "language" used in creating the lyrics. This music was SIMPLE. The instrumentation was SIMPLE. The language was SIMPLE (and coloquial). The lyrical phrases were trite, unsophisticated, and overused to be sure...but NOT for the time in which they were written. The song forms were predictable and the use of a sophisticated BRIDGE which we are so used to seeing in modern country music was practically non-existent. The "chorus" of this song as I've written it actually incorporates as much of a "bridge" as was used in that era, namely the use of the 2 chord, D in this case. Two perfect examples of what I'm talking about is Hank's "Your Cheatin' Heart" and "I Can't Help It If I'm Still In Love With You."

So even though it's very tempting to want to "update" this old style of music using a more modern structure, etc.,that was not my intention here. Actually, I'm completely capable of writing using modern structure styles, and have presented numerous examples on this forum. But once again that wasn't the goal here. So all that being said...why not just enjoy the song for what it is, and consider that not every project presented on the User Forum is soliciting a critique...and I mean that in a good way.

Bob