Hi rharv,

Very enjoyable listen for me and I would like to add my congrats to all involved.

quote/ Curious; how were we 'out of the box' with this one? endquote

I'm sure different folks will have different answers, but for me, nothing outside the box as far as genre. For me the label on this box is funk -- pure plain and simple. (not sayin' that's the correct label, just the one I'd put on it. lol)

Where this is a bit unusual (for me anyway) is the "live" sound it has. Josie mentioned it above and I totally agree. I'm playing this on a very good system and I can close my eyes and easily imagine being front row at a live gig. (sans the crowd noise of course. lol)

I think a lot of mixers (sadly me included) would have pushed your bass back a bit, pumped the lead out more in places, tried to "fix" the harmonies, added a ton of compression to every track, added a bit of verb here and there, more compression, run the final thru some finishing plugs for some added high end, add a little more compression, then finally, run it thru a good compressor.

I may have gone a bit overboard there, but the point is, I would never have got to hear the good "live" mix at all as I would have done at least some of those things almost automatically. lol

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
Jim

I'd be completely happy if I had just one more guitar.