Quote:

Wow! I'd written my song for the "Christmas Song Challenge" about a week or two after Pat posted it, but I haven't recorded it yet.

I planned on playing all instruments except bass and drums for the recording.

But with the the quality of your song and playing, I don't know if I'll bother.

Great job Rob!

while it seems to be agreed that there are some very nice Christmas songs posted here, I'd hate for you or anyone else to refrain from posting for comparative reasons. You really can't compare two different works of creativity.

It is well known that for many people Christmas is a time of depression, so a sad Christmas song is really not such an odd concept. In fact, I'm surprised there aren't more of them.

This forum has sort of turned into a place where birds of a feather gather to cut up, share stories, philosophy, encouragement and music... much like family. As such, your song has value above its musical value. We want to hear it because you are our friend, and your enjoyment of music is important to this group.

Reading back over what I just wrote, it sounds a bit trite; Yet, I think the words are true, regardless of how clumsily they may have been written.

I hope you decide to post your song, Bob.