Pat,

I was joking about not posting my song because of how good the other one was. I know it isn't a competition.

If I don't post it, it will be because I don't get it recorded. Since it's been so long since I've recorded anything, everything is packed away in storage and it would require me to drive 30 miles, dig through unlabeled boxes in hopes of finding what I need, and then getting it set up. Either that or use my son's cheap desktop mic and have crappy sound, and I hate to fool with it if I know in advance the sound quality will be poor.

I wasn't joking about how sad the song is. LOL. I would like to get it recorded though because I actually do like the song. And I don't like every song I write. That begs the question, "why write a song you don't like?" Simple. I almost always write songs from start to finish in one sitting and go with whatever comes out, and I rarely change them. Consequently, some of them suck.

What's weird is some of the ones I've written that I don't like are occassionally ones that other folks do.

I may surprise you and get it done, and maybe not.