Hi, Noel. Thanks for listening! Instead of bringing the rhythm up, I'll first try bringing the lead down a bit - I think it's a tad shrill. But first, some sleep, and some fresh ears in the morning.

I'm also a bit unsure about the piano at 0:35. Where it overlaps with the flute, it's fine, but where they're both playing it's a bit fussy. I wanted to give the listener a short break from the flute at that point, and initially dropped it out entirely. But there was a nice little flute phrase what worked nicely as a response to the piano, and bit by bit the flute came back.

I'm very happy with Reaper's time stretching. BiaB has a number of RealTracks - like the flute - which I just love, but don't have native lower tempo options. You can get very surgical precision as well. For example, at 0:30 I've messed with the phrase pretty extensively, and the playback rate for the notes ranges between 152% down to 51%. If you listen carefully you can hear the difference, but it's more because I've used short notes with differing vibrato.

Just be warned that you can end up tweaking stuff forever, and no one other than you will ever hear the difference.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?