I kind of fall in between Zero and Rharv, i think RB is a true DAW, it will track just fine, and has 95% of the features that any other DAW has. Let's remember one thing, RB is PTPA with added BiaB features, PTPA is a $49 program rather closer to entry level, and certainly not on par with cubase or Sonar as far as depth of features and big time plug ins go, but still very powerful.

RB does not have some of the long time developed plugs, and or deep features, but the plugins are very solid and you can mix with it. The RT/RD features and BiaB features set it apart in another direction. If you add a few choice plugins to it lime multiband EQ, multiband compression, it will stand up to almost anything.

It does a very decent job of midi editing, and if you dig in the audio editing is pretty good. There are so many programs out there that have some feature that is there claim to fame, and people bark about how perfect they are, but they may lack in other areas that RB excels at.

RB/PTPA does need to polish up a tad, it needs better VSTi ability, and it needs to have complete envelope automation added. I will admit that the GUI look is dated, but that really has nothing to do with the ability to record, cause one persons workflow is not the same as the next persons. You hear people say PG should take the path of Sonar, and do a complete redo of the program, really go over to there forum and read a bit, every stinkin release comes with a boat load of bugs and problems, i was a die hard cake user, and never upgraded to sonar due the never finished product.

I like everyone else here wants PG to continue to develop, and hope that all our issues are addressed, but to say this is not a DAW is to over look the truth. I just tracked a new song the other day and had Zero, zip, nada, problems. flawless all the way thru. The end resulting sound was clean and clear. I will say that it does lock up once in a blue mood, and i have found that is related to the VSTi issues. I tried to use amplitude with it the other day, and it locks the system up until the song plays out. remove amplitude and all plays well.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.