At one point, there was a yellow box warning that was shown on program boot-up when a global transposition was in effect. As far as I can tell, that warning no longer exists.

You do have to keep things straight when you work with transposing. You are correct about the "totally screwed up" part, or what John brilliantly called "very odd, very quick". I perform with transposing instruments of four different keys, so things can get complicated.

Several of us have different housekeeping methods. My preference is to remember to ALWAYS return to concert pitch before saving and exiting the program. Others put the key at the end of the song name, or use different folders to save songs for each instrument, etc. There are a few threads on this, but they are probably earlier than the forum search function will find.

[To answer your earlier question: I use BIAB to compose all my songs, but Brazilian Wish was recorded in several studios with only real/live musicians. Also, it was done in 2005, long before RealTracks or even RealDrums existed.]

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors