First, I've never met a Yamaha electric keyboard where I liked the default touch sensitivity setting. Usually I find that I have to notch it up at least one level, making it LEss sensitive than stock.

As for practicing the LH/RH in order to get one to play with a softer or harder attack than the other, I have found that practicing the Hanon and intentionally placing my own dynamics during practice sessions can work wonders along that front. For example, I will try to play the LH softer than the RH throughout, or vice verse. For starters.

One thing about practice that I swear by - the art of practicing is best done when you SLOW TEMPOS DOWN. To the speed where you can handle the excercise without generting mistakes. Also, play evenly at that lowered tempo, even if you must use the metronome to do so. The secret to playing something at tempo lies in beng able to play it perfectly at lower tempo. The speed will take care of itself.

As for the block chord practice, BiaB accompaniment parts, as generated, can represent some great things to do with the LH in various different genres and styles, at first try playing only the LH parts there, again with the lowered tempo and BB is a dream come true for playing and practicing in meter as the program itself is a wonderful metronome. And don't overlook the fact that we can invoke the metronome at playback as well, great for making good and sure you know where every beat lies in those practice sessions.

Finally, practicing Boogie piano stuff can really build the LH and is fun as well. The PGMusic Blues Pianist has some great stuff in it for LH practice along these lines.

--Mac