**I use simulators all the time. Both keyboard sims and guitar amp/effects/spkr cabinet sims. Onstage and in the studio. I love the new technologies that allow us to be able to do these things.++

However, I also just call 'em as I hear 'em, man.

Just as Ray and Booker T approached the then new keyboard technology of *their* day, one must or at least I feel one *should* approach the newer technology from the standpoint of finding out that which it does well, that which it may not do so well and that which it cannot do at all, and govern their playing of the instrument accordingly.

Sometimes, though, I run into musicians who keep trying to make the new dog perform an old trick. it is't working, yet for some reason I can't fathom, these musicians persistin trying whatever it is that doesn't work well, be it certain voicings, or perhaps settings, gainstaging, whatever. Then there are those musicians who will become terribly defiant of a new technology as well. That's been going on for a long time, the fact that there still exist organists who demean the tonewheel organ is representative of that. There are also pianists who refuse to understand or use the Rhodes. My own father did not understand my Rhodes stage piano, whenever he tried to play it he approached it as if it were supposed to be an actual real piano. Thus, Pop's attempts to play it. while few and far between, always reminded me of the Good Humor Man's Ice Cream Truck...

At the end of the day, I suppose, mhy particfular viewpoint is, "It's all good".

--Mac