Quote:

I would advise that you call PG Music Support to talk you through this one. However, I'll take a crack at it.

Yes, 2011 introduced the Elastique algorithm, and as a consequence, they needed only one-third the previous number of files for RealTracks. There is a menu choice in the Preferences, RealTracks to shrink the files. I'm not in front of BIAB so I can't tell you the exact wording, but you could do this first. It would dramatically reduce the size of BIAB on your hard drive, to about 40% of what it used to be. Then you are prepared to install the new version. Note that this should ONLY be done on a machine fast enough. Again, PG Music could advise better.

Upgrade after upgrade, I too begin to get short of my HD drive space, and every time I open BIAB, there's the advice concerning shrinking the un-needed RealTracks files.
BUT, if I go into this option, a new advise pops in saying that I'm running BIAB on Windows XP, and that it's better to shrink these files ONLY on modern machines. And at this point I don't know what to do.

My PC is a Fujitsu-Siemens Intel Core Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66 GHz, with 2 GB RAM. So, my question is (expecially if I want to make some space for the new 2012 version): is my PC modern "enough" or not? Can I shrink those Realtracks files or is it better going on this way?

Thanks in advance!

Alfredo