Quote:

Sam - in my experience, you tend towards a short attention span and have an aversion to hard work. These are not criticisms, just observations, and I could be wrong. If I'm right, you will be best advised to stick with Windows. If I'm wrong (and I hope I am), welcome to Linux.

Thanks. If it boils down to that, let me tell you I have 19 qualifications and 3 university degrees. As Bob says, that is hardly the achievement of 'someone with attention deficiency disorder who is lazy'. That was a lot of damned hard work. Please retract that. Thanks

OTOH, I did take your contribution to be valuable. ALL contributions are always valuable - no need for a flame war to break out over a simple question (amusing though it is). I would not have asked for opinions if I had not wanted them. Yours is as valid as anybody else's but no more so. Thank you.

OTOOH, you are right. I have spent far too long at the wheel to waste my time yet again with learning something so unimportant. I am extremely well educated both experientially and practically in all aspects of IT (from Systems Analysis & Design to Programming, Implementation and User Training on a whole range of OS platforms and in different programming languages - I have even lectured at 4 different universities on this topic) but I am first and foremost a singer, a songwriter and a musician. Actually, to bring it down to an even finer point - I am a performer. If I could leave all the music playing to others and just sing, I would be happy as a sandboy. Still, I have taken the time needed to learn to play a wide range of wind and string instruments (and all the music theory that goes with it) so that I can communicate to others exactly what I want from them. That takes time and patience and dedication indeed.

We all have our various strengths and weaknesses. We all bring something to the table and that makes the forum richer and all the more valuable for it. Just so as you realise...

Rock on!

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what