Jo and Matt

I also have used my iPhone and iPad to play backings but the hassle of iTunes and changing playlists makes me turn to Android rather.

I have an Asus Transformer 10" tablet and a Samsung Galaxy Note II and it is a real pleasure to organise my mp3's on a micro SD card via an adaptor on my desktop machine or laptop using Windows Explorer. Once I have all the files I want, I simply reinsert the micro SD back into the ASUS or Samsung and I am good to go.

I have all my CD's, old records and tapes backed up to 320bps MP3's on 1Tb and 2Tb hard disks. I regularly change files to play while on the move and I compile MP3's for Sunday worship lists using BIAB that change weekly. The Android openness makes the task a breeze by not having to rely on one program i.e. iTunes to get files onto the tablet.

In fact it is not only music files that benefit but any MS office and pdf files that I may need to use while out of the office. With the low cost and high capacity of micro SD cards these days I can have a card for each project if I so wish.

Kevin