BACKGROUND
Changing patches in SampleTank is all to do with the STMP files.

An STMP file loads a set of preselected sounds into SampleTank. Once these sounds a loaded and ready to go, it then becomes straightforward to change between them using MIDI commands. Information on creating these STMP files is found at page 39 of the instruction manual (S/Tank 2.5).

THE PROCESS
In the below "How to", I did not create an STMP file, I simply used one that came with Omnisynth 2 and that sets SampleTank up to emulate General Midi sounds.

What I did was the following ...

1. Load in a BIAB song file that has a melody.

2. Set a general midi synth as my default synth. (I used VSC/DXi. I did this because BIAB likes to have a soft synth installed as a default synth.)

3. Put SampleTank on the "Melody Track" in the VSTi setup.

4. Setup SampleTank for General Midi using Ominsynth 2 as per THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

5. Exit VSTi.

6. Go to Piano Roll Mode.

7. Select "Program" as shown below.

8. Click on the timeline at the position that I want the patch change to occur (I didn't worry about what instrument it said at this point in time).

9. Hover the mouse over the patch change until I get then double-headed vertical arrow shown below.

10. Left-click and drag the double-headed arrow up/down to obtain the sound I want.

11. Play the song.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024