Quote:

I just received a Ketron SD2 but am clueless on how to use it with band in a box or real band. Can anyone point me toward a tuturial or explain how to set it up to play with BIAB or Realband. Also how are the additional voice banks accessed once the external devie is set up. Thanks

1) Connect MIDI Out of SD2 to MIDI Input of computer. This will likely require use of a USB-to-MIDI adaptor cable, which you can purchase separately, or if using an aftermarket sound device, it may have the connect already on it.

2) Using an appropriate shielded stereo audio cable, connect L & R Audio output RCA jacks of SD2 to the L & R Line Inputs of your computer's sound device. Many laptops do not have a built in Line Input, you may have to get an aftermarket sound device for the laptop and install it to have these.

3) Accessing the Upper Banks is easy enough, first, go to the PGMusic Support page, there's a hotlink to it at the bottom of any of my posts on these forums, locate the PATCH MAP for the SD2 and download that file, drop it into the main bb folder. Follow the directions given there to learn how to use the Patch Map to access the higher bank voices.

--Mac